Famous American speech presentations will be on Monday and Tuesday next week.
Shaw & Allen will present on Monday, May 4.
Bailey & McCabe will present on Tuesday, May 5.
Here are some tips for preparing for your speech:
- Put everything you are going to say on note cards, then use these to practice your speech. Be sure to number your cards and put your name on each one!
- Organize you cards in the order you will say them.
- Practice reading through your speech enough times that you do not need to read directly off your note cards or typed speech. You should be looking people in the eyes when speaking and glancing down at your note cards when necessary.
- Practice in front of family and friends. Ask them to comment on your rate, volume, eye contact, and posture.
- You may choose to dress up like your famous American, but this is not a requirement.
- Have fun and relax!